This coconut curry salmon is seriously amazing, The salmon is perfectly seasoned. Made with flavorful Jamaican curry powder, pan-fried, and then simmered in creamy curry coconut milk. A side of rice soaks up all that delicious curry gravy. The salmon is a little masked by the bold flavors of this coconut curry sauce, so if you are not a big fan of salmon this dish may be perfect for you.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Jump to Video
What can I use instead of Thai red curry paste?
What is Curry Powder?
Curry powder is a combination of a blend of dried spices often used in Indian cooking, however, many cultures i.e. Asian, and the Caribbean use curry powder in a variety of dishes as well.
What is Jamaican Curry Powder Made Of?
Jamaican Curry Powder is a beautiful spice blend of turmeric, coriander, fenugreek, cumin, pimento, black pepper or pepper variety, star anise, garlic, and sometimes salt.
What Curry Powder to Use in This Dish
We prefer using the betapac curry powder because it provides a beautiful yellow color but not only that the flavors in this seasoning are mindblowing. Not only does this curry go well with not only salmon but all seafood, but all meats such as goat, chicken, lamb, and beef. creating Jamaican classic dishes such as curry chicken, curry goat and so much more. Curry powder pairs well with vegetables and legumes such as lentils, butter beans, and chickpeas.
Why You Will Keep This Salmon Recipe on Roation..
- Quick and easy– Have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Requires minimal preparation
- Bold Flavors– This meal willand you and family to flavor town.
- Healthy- Better than a takeout and healthier because it is homemade
- Vegan/ Vegetarian-This recipe Can be made vegan or vegetarian by swapping out the fish for vegetables of choice.
- Dairy Free-It is dairy-free because of the coconutmilk and can easily be customised to taste.
More Easy Salmon Dishes
Ingredients needed for this Jamaican Coconut Curry Salmon
Curry of your choice: We used store bought, you can use any brand you like but I used betapac curry powder for today’s recipe.
Dry Seasoning-Listed below
How to cook Coconut Curry Salmon (Stove Top)
- Pat dry salmon fillets and season then add salmon fillets and cook until golden and crisp, around 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Gently flip the fillets. Remove salmon from the pot and set aside.
- In same skillet or large saucepan Add the onion, thyme and the minced garlic saute until transparent.
- Add in coconut milk,paprika, salt and black pepper, stirring occasionally for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add your fish back to the pot and cook for 3 mins. And your done! Super simple and easy.
Can I Make It Vegetarian or Vegan?
If you are vegetarian and would still like to try this recipe then you can substitute the salmon with veggies like mushrooms, zucchini, sweet potato, tofu and there are many more options out there just choose what’s best for you.
Air fried Coconut Curry Salmon
Place the fillets in the basket make sure that they are not touching. Cook the salmon in the air fryer for 7 minutes–9 minutes depending on thickness. Make your coconut curry sauce on the stove, then place salmon in sauce and just simmer for 3 mins or simply just pour sauce on salmon when your eating it.
Oven-Baked Coconut Curry Salmon
Bake your salmon in the oven at 400 degrees, on the center rack for 13-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon. Salmon is done when the center easily flakes with a fork. Make curry sauce on the stovetop then pour the sauce on the salmon and bake for 2 more minutes.
Overnight food is amazing We personally think food tastes better the next day and this curry was no different. It tasted amazing the next day and can be eaten cold in a sandwich at room temperature.
In the fridge: make sure it cooled completely before transferring into an airtight bowl or Ziploc bags. It will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.
In the freezer: in other to retain freshness for the curry, do not store in the freezer longer than 1 month.
More Easy Seafood Recipes
“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?” Matthew 6:25 NKJV
Life sometimes is stressful. Things come up and we start to worry and fret. But Jesus tells us not to worry. He will always be there for us. Our heavenly Father knows the things that we need in life. He granted us the power of prayer, where we can communicate with him, and confess all things that we go through.
Everything we feel and go through He knows. He tells us why to worry? Worrying will not add 1 cubit to our stature. Worrying profits nothing. Sufficient for the day is its trouble. Don’t worry about tomorrow or next week or next month. Live life day by day, for tomorrow is promised to no one. Life is more than food, clothing, shelter, health, wealth, and strength.
Jesus is our provider, he is our strength, he is our stronghold, and he provides us with good health. If he takes care of ravens and flowers in the valley how much more will he take care of his people? These things of the world are passing away.
One day we are up, the next day we are down. One day we have and another day we do not. It’s a part of life but Jesus is with us through it all. Christ never promised that life would be easy and he never said following Him would be easy. He told us it is a narrow path, difficult is the way that leads to life. Many are called, few chosen.
With Christ we can do all things with God with us. Immanuel. Put all your stress, fear, and worries upon the Lord. Put it all in his hands. He has provided us with his comforter, the Holy Spirit. Walk-in his spirit and you will feel his peace which surpasses all understanding.
He is the Prince of peace. Nothing else matters in this world but Jesus. He is the Savior. Only what we do for Him will last. Life is vanity because we are all going to die one day. Naked we came and naked we shall return. Don’t worry, be happy and rejoice in the Lord always.
Pan- Fried Jamaican Coconut Curry Salmon
- * Salmon Fillets
- * 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- * 1 tbsp Curry Powder Betapac
- * 1 tsp Cumin
- * 1 tsp Chili
- * 1 tsp Garlic salt
- * 1 tsp Oregano
- * 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- * 1 tsp All-Purpose Seasoning
- * 1/2 tsp Fish Seasoning
- * 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Curry Coconut Sauce
- * 2 tsp Curry Powder Betapac
- * 1 Small Onion or 2 Stalks of Escallion (Green Onion), crushed
- * 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- * 1-2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- * 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper or 1 tsp of Hot Pepper Sauce
- * 1 Can Coconut Milk 400ml
- * 1 tsp Paprika
- * 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- * 1/2 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- * Wash Salmon with vinegar and lemon water.
- * Pat the salmon dry with a kitchen paper towel and season with Garlic Powder, Curry Powder ,Cumin, Chili, Garlic salt, Oregano, Black Pepper, All-Purpose Seasoning, Fish Seasoning.
- * Heat up vegetable oil on medium high heat, carefully add the salmon to the hot oil, skin side down and sear for about 3 minutes untouched. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes, carefully remove the salmon and transfer to a plate. Don’t remove some excess oil from the pan ( we need all that flavor)
- * Reduce the heat of the stove and add chopped onion, thyme,ginger and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds to release the flavours of the aromatics. Make sure keep to your eyes on it so it doesn’t burn.
- * Pour the coconut milk into the pan, then season the milk with Curry Powder, Paprika, Black Pepper, Salt into the pan and stir until combined. Reduce the heat to low-medium heat and simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes or until it slightly thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning toyour liking.
- * Return the pan seared salmon into the sauce and leave to simmer for about 3 minutes. take it off the heat and serve with riceor any side of preference.
“Jerk Tavern is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com